- 5 Configurable Serial Ports (4 RS-232, 1 RS-232/RS-485)
- Ethernet 100Base-T (Auto Detect)
- TCP, UDP, Modbus TCP
- Supports multiple Operating Modes
- Wide-range of industrial uses, such as:
- Modbus Gateway
- Multiple Modbus Masters
- DF1 Multiplexing for Allen-Bradley PLCs
- Failover Backup Link
- Configurable via GUI or ASCII Terminal
- Protocol Monitor displays Serial Port Traffic
- Digital I/O for remote Comm reset or control
- Wide Input Voltage Input: 10 - 30VDC
- Power Consumption: 0.6W: 50mA @ 12V or 25mA @ 24VDC
- Status, Alarm, TX/RX LEDs
- Industrial Temp (-40 Deg. C to 70 Deg. C)
- CSA Class I Div 2
- Din Rail Mount
- I/O Capabilities when I/O Expansion Modules are used
- Expansion modules can be attached with variations of: AI4, A04, DI8, DO8, A8D4.
1. Modbus IP
Modbus IP mode allows multiple simultaneous IP connections to a single serial port. Ports can have multiple simultaneous protocols including TCP, UDP, Modbus TCP.
2. Virtual Serial Server
This mode enables an IP100 serial port to be connected from a remote device via a TCP socket connection, creating a virtual serial link. The connection is
bidirection; data can be initiated from either side. The remote serial port that establishes a connection with the IP100 can be another IP100 in VIrtual
Serial Client mode, a terminal server in Client mode or Serial-to-IP software in Client mode.
3. Virtual Serial Client
This mode enables an IP100 serial port to connect to a remote serial port via a TCP socket connection. The connection is bidirectional; data can be initiated from either side. The remote side serial port can be another IP100 configured as Virtual Serial Server, a terminal server in Server modem mode or serial-to-IP software in Server mode.
This mode is used to enable a remote ethernet host to periodically interrupt communication between two serial devices connected to the IP100. Under normal circumstances, there is a
birdirectional communications between devices on the 2 IP100 serial ports. If the IP100 detects a TCP socket request, then it overides the serial-to-serial communications. While the TCP socket is established, any data from the other serial device is discarded.
5. Serial Mux
Modbus Multiplexer mode enables multiple serial Modbus Masters to communicate to a single serial Modbus Slave port. Up to 4 hosts can connect to a single serial port.
6. Serial Master
This IP100 mode enables a serial master to communicate to serial slaves using a variety of protocols. In the example below, gateway A routes the message
using the lookup table. It extracts the Modbus address from the message and uses it to determine the output protocol, IP address and port number.
7. DF1 Multiplexing
The IP100 supports DF1 protocol muxing to allow the sharing of Allen-Bradley PLCs. The IP100 also features mix protocol muxing, allowing Modbus and DF1 protocol to be simultaneously multiplexed to the same port.